Tuesday 19 November 2013

DXO Perspective, tested with Fujinon XF 14/2.8

Couple weeks ago I downloaded DXO Perspective (OSX,  App Store). It was free but now it goes for  $12.99 :)


Here is my quick test using X-Pro1 + Fujinon XF 14/2.8

Original image, before the correction:


Screenshot, DXO Perspective interface


Final image, after the correction (both horizon and perspective)


Same original photo corrected in Lightroom 5:



I like DXO Perspective. It is very easy to use and final result looks very good, similar (identical?) to the Lightroom output. If you are on OSX and don't have any other perspective control tools (like Lightroom, Photoshop, etc) then you may want to consider it .

Thanks,
vkphoto

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post.

    I'm trying out DXO's Viewpoint 2 as a plug in for Aperture. Much more expensive than Perspective. Unfortunately DXO doesn't support Fujifilm's X series cameras (I own the EX1), so the software won't make automatic corrections. You can make manual corrections, however.

    So far I'm pleased with it but will have see if it's worth $79 compared with $13 for Perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this tool might be useful for Aperture, Capture One Express or Iridient Developer users.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.