Wednesday 27 June 2012

Flowers with ICA Toska 215

Some of you might know that I am learning and testing my cameras and lenses mostly in the garden. No graphs or charts, just plain flowers. Lately I realized that 100 years old ICA A-G produces some interesting results with NEX-F3 assistance. The lens is Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1:6.3  F=13.5 cm. It is sharp and contrasty wide opened, excellent performance for the lens that was designed and built when colour photography even didn’t exist. With APS-C size sensor this lens becomes about 200 mm long but thanks to camera bellows the rig is almost perfect for close up photography. You can see my hack here.


* 2012-07-03 update: more pictures added












Thanks for looking,

vk

3 comments:

  1. How did you determine the focal length to be 200mm ... I am interested in trying this hack myself and trying to figure out what to look for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ling,

      I multiplied lens focal length (135mm) by APS-C sensor crop factor (1.5)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.